Saturday, September 26, 2015

Quotes from major contributors in Early Childhood Education



“Home is a child's first and most important classroom.”
Hillary Rodham Clinton, It Takes a Village: And Other Lessons Children Teach Us

"All of us have to recognize that we owe our children more than we have been giving them."

-Hillary Rodham Clinton

 
"We know that teachers are the key to good child care - and as long as teachers are undervalued, American children, too, will keep getting less than they deserve"

~ Marcy Whitebook
 

“These truths about the early care and education workforce are not breaking news. We have known for two decades, since the release of the National Child Care Staffing Study in 1989, that limited education, lack of specialized early childhood training and poor compensation are inextricably linked to the poor to mediocre quality common to the majority of early care and education services across the nation. We have known, almost for that long, that the education level and pay of the workforce play a critical role in whether services can improve.”

~ Marcy Whitebook
 
 
My passion comes from my personal experience…It’s in early childhood education that I was able to see what a unique opportunity we have to make a difference in the lives of children.” ~Sandy Escobido

 
“It was the most joyful feeling. I felt everything in me was being called on to teach. It made me feel whole. It made me feel creative. It became my life long work, the passion that children are taught in an environment to nurture their ability to grow and develop”. ~Louise Derman-Sparks
 
 
 
A good teacher can help foster a love of learning for a child.  I want to be a part of creating lifelong learners.  To give children the tools to ask questions, investigate things and problem solve. -- Reneatta M. Cooper
 
 
 
“At A very Young Age, I realized families need support” Leticia Lara LCSW

1 comment:

  1. I especially love the quote from Dr. White book about undervalued teachers. I agree that teachers cannot give 100% to the children they serve if they are not shown appreciation and monetarily compensated. Teaching is not all about the money but a teacher can't survive without it.
    Taylor Solomon

    ReplyDelete