Saturday, January 16, 2016

Relationship Reflection

         Relationships definitely mean a lot to me, the reason that they mean so much to me is because it is a reflection of me and the people that I care about the most in life and how we show our love and support for each other.  I have some really amazing people in my life that I am so proud to have here.  My dad and mom, my sisters and brothers my nice and nephew Also my grandparents.  There  are so many more people in my life that I have really positive relationships with and they all mean so much to me.  Below I have displayed a few pictures of some of my loved ones.
         The relationship I have with my parents is really positive.  They both support me in my decisions and goals and always provide advice and I do the same with them.  They have been here for me through a lot and have helped me when I have struggled and this relationship works because we have a certain dynamic and love that has been built for years and years.  I have always been really close to both of my parents and if it were not for them I would not have made it so far.
        My siblings, my brothers and sisters we have all supported each other in everything. We look to each other for guidance and have always had each others backs in so many different ways. We have that bond that works even when we haven't seen or talked to each other in a while nothing changes and that is what I love about my entire family, it is never weird we have an unbreakable bond that is filled with love and support.
        Some of the challenges that I face with maintaining these relationships is that I am all the way across the country from all of my family. I live in Los Angeles, and my family for the most part live in Chicago.  I have made a better effort to call and contact them when I can to keep the communication going and they do the same.  I also visit whenever I get the chance and they do as well.  I have lived in Los Angeles for 7 years now and we all have made an attempt to make our relationship work and it has never changed.
       The special characteristics that I do have with my family is that I am always open and honest with them.  They are always honest with me as well and we respect each other for that.  I know my family pretty well and I share with them a lot of my life since they are not able to be here all the time to see it.  My experience with knowing how to maintain and build these relationships with the people closest to me will definitely impact me as early childcare professional. I know how to communicate effectively and I have learned that over the years with having to learn that in my own family.  I have opened up a lot and ask questions and share my thoughts well.  I have learned to work hard at keeping my relationships positive and giving as well as receiving.  All of this will help me when I have to build on relationships and partnerships in my own career as an early childcare professional.





3 comments:

  1. I was in a similar situation living in Kentucky while my family was back in Kansas--I've since moved back to Kansas, but knowing that you have support and love no matter where you may be in the world makes that relationship grow and continue to be strong. For me it became stronger because the effort had to be made to keep the relationship going and it made it that much more important knowing I was many miles away. Thank you for sharing and emphasizing how love and support builds a great relationship!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britney,

    I too have a similar living situation. Me, my husband, and daughter live in Florida but all of our family is in Mississippi. It is so difficult to maintain the same relationship that was had when we lived closer but we strive hard at it everyday. We facetime, call, text, and do whatever we can to constantly communicate. At first it was such a drastic change that we considered moving back home, but now we are trying to tough the situation out because we are doing so well here. I love that you said that your skill of communication helps with your position in early childhood education. It really does. Communication skills are essential in any aspect of life and having those open lines make it easier to transition those skills into everyday life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittney,
    Family is and always has been so important to me. I am actually in the city that I was born and raised so in my case, the vast majority of my family resides in the same city as I. Though it’s been seven years (you’re a veteran now, lol), I have to applaud you for being able to make such a huge move away from your family. It takes a lot of courage to step out on faith move away from the comfort of your family, but sometimes that is what it takes to fulfill your destiny.

    Partnerships are great when it comes to stepping out of your comfort zone. Often times forming certain partnerships, will expose us to things we may not have otherwise known or experienced.

    ReplyDelete