Sunday, April 24, 2016

Getting to know your international contacts-3

There are many issues that I see and witness on the daily in my own community as far as the quality in early childhood education.  I have a few friends who do have children and they stress all the time how hard it is for them to find a good childcare center in their community that would be of quality and also affordable to them.  In my immediate community I don't see as much childcare but there are different kids gyms and summer camp opportunities in my community especially.  These are great creative alternatives aside from a daycare center for those that specifically want their child to be more active and doing the different activities, which is partly sparks my inspiration of opening a drama school for children.

The opportunities for professional development are all over.  There is of course observation and taking different courses.  There is a wide variety of different professional development methods and ways to learn more for your specific area of study.  There are also seminars and groups dedicated to educating professionals.

My own professional goals include teaching young children in drama and performing arts providing that creative outlet for children to express themselves.  I also want to open up my own school for this specifically.  I want to focus a lot on working with diverse children and children that face many challenges and allow them to open up more. The challenges that I may face is the working with different cultures of people and children.  Being able to adapt and learn will be my challenge as well as finding creative ways that speaks to each individual child in a unique way.


From the website given I definitely got to some more insight on how the international support early childhood education. In Africa the UNESCO and education is key to the regions development.  They work to keep education high on the agenda of government and development partners.  Their focus is to improve the quality of teacher education in the region.  They focus on a lot of the same things that are focused on in teacher development in the U.S.

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/education/worldwide/education-regions/africa/

No comments:

Post a Comment