Sunday, July 17, 2016

Perspectives on culture and diversity.

This was a very interesting assignment for the assignment I chose to as 3 completely different people from completely different backgrounds on their definition of culture and diversity.  I asked my mother who is African American, One of my best friends who is Puerto Rican and a co worker who is Caucasian.

Definition of Culture: The definitions I got from the 3 people for this is either The background of a person and what they are and what defines them, this having to do with home life, different traditions, and something that makes the person unique.

Definition of Diversity:  The definitions I got were a persons uniqueness, special traits that make up the person, the differences of one person to the next.

Some aspects of culture and diversity that I have learned so far in the course I did receive in the answers that I got.  Such as the aspect of uniqueness in both culture and diversity.  Both culture and diversity make up a person and are individual.  The things that make you the person that you are are your own culture and diversity.

One thing that I noticed was that no one mentioned race or color when I mentioned diversity and culture.  They mostly looked outside of that although race is a huge factor in culture and diversity.  Thinking about other peoples definition of culture and diversity has only affirmed how I think of it, most of the people have similar definitions of it and that is what brings us together in that sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment