Sunday, August 21, 2016

Professional hopes and goals

  • One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds (any format and any length)
One hope that i have for working with children and family that come from diverse backgrounds is being able to be a comfort to them and someone who is able to talk to them and for them to come to me about anything that they may not understand.  I want to be someone that diverse families aren't afraid of and regardless of us being different from one another I want them to know that I am always here and willing to listen, learn and teach without judgment.

  • One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice (any format and any length)
One goal that I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is to always be open and honest and offer my own opinion and actively set goals to create change and help in those areas.  Always being a positive role model for growth and influencing my peers in positive ways when it comes to the subjects. 


I want to say thank you to all of my colleagues for sharing their different ideas and opinions over the course, I really do appreciate all that i have learned from each of you on this journey and I hope that you all continue to grow and learn with your studies and your time here at Walden! Best of luck to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Brittney,
    I love the hope you have for the families and children you come in contact with as a professional. It is important that you are that "someone" that they can come to if they need anything. Some families do not have resources or networks when moving to a new area and it is hard to blend in when you just can't. It is an attainable goal and one that will help families of diverse backgrounds thrive in your class and program. Good luck to you during the rest of the Master's program. I wish you well and hope to see you in another course!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete