Monday, September 19, 2016

Communicating with different cultures.

  • Do you find yourself communicating differently with people from different groups and cultures?
I do find myself communicating with different cultures in ways that they understand and how they are used to communicating, this is something that I have taught myself to do and it makes it easier when talking to people.  I want to be able to relate to them and understand them in every way especially when it is people I work with and when it comes to children it can help with my teaching and them learning from me.  
  • If yes, in what ways do you communicate differently?
My speech and the words I use are what makes my communication different when dealing with people of different cultures. Sometimes I will speak slower and enunciate more with people. I try to match my communication with that of the person i am communicating with so that it makes it easier for me and for them as well.    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    I think that matching communication styles with our partners helps us to be effective communicators as well. We must be able to speak in a way that can be heard and understood. It is so important to take the time that is needed in order to get to others so that we can then choose which communication style will suit them best. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete