Saturday, October 8, 2016

Conflict and disagreements.

I don't normally have open conflicts with people, but  I often have disagreements with people depending on what the topic is. I was recently having a disagreement with a friend of mine regarding voting and the political election.  My friend was saying that their vote wouldn't matter so they were not going to vote at all based on not liking either of the candidates.  Instead of yelling or getting into a verbal argument with my friend I simply stressed the importance of their vote and how it does matter.  I didn't pressure them to vote or scold them in any way instead I pointed out all of the positive things in it and why it is important to vote and why they should get their vote out their because it does matter.  I asked my friend who would they rather see in office and they told me and I asked and why would you rather them over the other candidate and my friend gave me a list of reasons why and I said that is exactly why you should vote.

There are many people just like my friend out there that are not voting for that very reason and a lot of the times they are misunderstood and they actually have good valid points that should be heard, I had someone talk me into voting recently at work because I had the very same mindset.  The way you approach people about things matters a whole lot and makes a huge difference in their response.

2 comments:

  1. Brittney,
    That was a good thing to do by not scolding them even though I hear people scolding others about the election and voting all the time. It is best to give them your opinion and then give them the facts as well and let them make their own decision. That way they can better understand why they should or shouldn’t do something or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney, like you I rarely get into arguements with people. Instead I get into to debates. I like stating facts, listening to the other person and then get my point across. I also have severval friends that do not understand the importance of voting. I try to stress the point that all votes count and matter. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete